Monday, September 12, 2011

Spoiler: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

This book at first caught me off guard as I thought a trilogy was 3 books. But it's ok because this book is enough to make you want more. I really enjoy the fact that Clary and Jace are so in love. That's so awesome and cute and romantic... and then i read the end. WTF. I was yelling at Cassandra Clare as I thought there was only going to be 4 books and Jace was as good as gone.Jocelyn and Luke getting married is also really exciting but we didn't get to hear about exchanging vows and junk. That would have been interesting.. for me anyways. Simon hiding his vampire-ness from his mother was a stupid idea. She had to find out sometime. Like when he's supposed to be 46 and he's still 16 she might notice something is off. I mean common Simon your likable enough you should have just said something. Simon cheating on Isabelle and Maia was maddening for me as a girl who has been cheated on, but I do understand why he did it. A guy who never gets girls is bound to not know what to do with two of them.Jace being a "Zombie" as I call it, I mean I love Jace and all but nearly killing your girlfriend that's a turn off. And Lilthe was some scary sh*t! Keeping Sebastion/Jonathan alive all that time. CREEP!Magnus and Alec drama was kinda funny I mean come on Magnus i find adorkable. And i put a k in there on purpose just in case your wondering. And Alec and him are PERFECT TOGETHER!This might be my favourite Mortal Instruments book and reading the next one will be great to bad I have to wait until May :( But I will wait and buy the book because it's awesome! I need to find better adjectives hehe.
FAVOURITE QUOTES FROM THIS BOOK:
Page 71 " That's right act like I rejected you. It's not like you tried to kill me or anything.' Raphael shrugged. 'That was politics. Not personal."
Page 96 "Simon shrugged 'Probably not. I have a dress fitting to get to at three.' 'Cool,' said Kyle, slinging a messenger bag over his shoulder and heading toward the door. 'Get them to make you something in red. It's totally your colour."
Page 102 " 'White for Shadowhunters is the colour of funerals,' Luke explained. 'But for mundanes, Jace, it's the color of weddings. Brides wear white to symbolize their purity.''I thought Jocelyn said her dress wasn't white,' Simon said,'Well,' said Jace, "I suppose that ship has sailed."
Page 120 " 'I can see why you like it here,' he said, making a sweeping gesture that encompassed Kyle's collection of movie posters and science fiction books. 'There's a thin layer of nerd all over everything.' "
Page 120 " 'No I mean it. You don't look good.''This from a guy who has all the sex appeal of a penguin.' "
Page 133: " ' Who says you can't? We can buy you one of those books they have for little kids. Timmy Has Two Dads. Except I don't think they have one called Timmy Has Two Dads and One Of Them Was Evil. That part you're just going to have to work through on your own.' "
Page 144 " ' I can keep a perfectly good eye on Simon, thank you. He's my neophyte Downworlder to mock and boss around, not yours.' "
Page 160: " 'Let me ask you something,' Simon said. 'Do you find me fascinating to be around?''What was that?' Jace said. 'Sorry, I think I feel asleep for a moment. Do, continue with whatever mesmerzing thing you were saying.' "
Page 162 " 'So you're trying to make her happy despite the fact that the reason she's unhappy in the first place is you,' Simon said not very kindly. 'That seems contradictory, doesn't it?''Love is a contradiction,' said Jace and turned back to the window."
Page 170 " 'Hey, do you want to see a photo of Alec and Magnus in Berlin?''Not really' said Simon.'Magnus is wearing lederhosen.''And yet, still no.' "
Page 228 " ' If you need anything...' She let the sentence hang in the air.'Need
anything?''Protection. You know. So you can be careful,' Isabelle said. She sounded practical as if she were talking about extra buttons. 'You'd think the Angel would have been foresighted enough to give us a birth-control rune, but no dice' "
Page 243 " 'I'll get hel. I'll get better. I promise.''You promise.''I swear on the Angel.' He ducked his head down, kissed her cheek. 'The hell with that. I swear on us.'"Why us?''Because there isn't anything I believe in more.' "
Page 259 " ' I have loved you always.''You left me,' he said. You made a pet out of me, and then you left me. If love were food, I would have starved on the bones you gave me.' "
Page 291 " 'She's here,' Isabelle said 'Not that how she feels is any of your business..''I feel a sense of responsibility,' said Jordan.' And where is that feeling located? In your pants, perhaps?' "
Page 291 " 'She's willing to accept that you're here and ignore you. But that's all you get. Don't bother he, don't try to talk to her, don't even look at her, or I'll fold you in half so many times you'll look like a tiny little origami werewolf.' "
Page 294 " 'Good organization,' Magnus. 'I knew the man who founded it back in the 1800s. Woosley Scott. Respectable old werewolf family.'Alec made an ugly sound in the back of his throat. 'Did you sleep with him, too?' "
Page 295 " ' Or there are plenty pretty girls here, since apparently your taste goes both ways. Is there anything you aren't into?'"Mermaids,' said Magnus into his fingers. 'They always smell like seaweed.'
Page 309 " 'Isabell. Lovely, wonderful Isabelle. Could you please go away? Now really is a bad time.' "
Page 310 " 'You are not trivial'Alec flushed 'If you say so,' he said.'I say so,' "
Page 317 " 'What kind of guardian are you? Shouldn't you have gone to the bathroom with him?" Isabelle demanded.Jordan looked horrified. 'Dudes, do not follow other dudes to the bathroom.' "Page 380 " 'Clary.' Still gripping her hands, he pushed her away from him, away from the circle, toward thwalkway that led to the elevators. 'Go' he said raggedly. 'Get out of here, Clary.''Jace---'He took a shaking breath. 'Please,' he said."
Page 383 " 'Poor little Michael,' she said. 'He always was weak.'Jace was panting, his hands clenched at his sides, his hair pasted to his forehead with sweat. 'You and your name-dropping' he said. ' ' I knew Michael.' 'I knew Sammael.' 'The angel Gabriel did my hair.' It's like i'm with the Band with biblical figures.' "
Page 398 " 'Iz!' Simon put his hand on her shoulder. 'Izzy. No.''No?' She looked at him incredulously. 'Give me one good reason why I shouldn't chop him into worthless-bastard-themed confetti' "
Page 407 " 'I love you Jace Wayland--- Herondale--- Lightwood--- whatever you want to call yourself. I don't care. I love you and I will always love you, and pretending it could be any other way is just a waste of time.' "
Page 407-408 " ' You know that line from Dante that I quoted to you in the park ' L'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle'?'Her lips curled a little at the sides as she looked up at him ' I still don't speak Italian.''It's a bit of the very last verse from Paradiso- Dante's Pardise. 'My will and my desire were turned by love, the love that moves the sun and the other stars.' "
Page 417 " For a bachelor who'd never had children, Simon thought, Luke had an awful lot of kids to look after."
Page 424 "We are one now, little brother, you and I, Sebastion said.We are one."Hope you enjoyed.
Sincerely, Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment