Thursday, September 8, 2011

Book Review: Before I Die by Jenny Downham






"How long can I stave it off? I don't know. All I know is that I have two choices- stay wrapped in blankets and get on with dying, or get the list back and get on with living."



Description: " Everyone has to dies. We all know it. With only a few months of life let, sixteen-year-old Tessa knows it better than most. She's made a list, though- ten things she wants to do before she dies. Number one is sex. Starting tonight. But getting what you want isn't easy. And getting what you want doesn't always give you what you need. And sometimes the most unexpected things become important. Uplifting, life-affirming, joyous- this extraordinary novel celebrates what it is to be alive by confronting what it's really like to die. "
I rate this book at a 5/5. For different reasons than the hunger games... of course. This book is the reality of many young cancer patients. So many people die from cancer everyday.I really enjoy the fact that Jenny Downham makes you feel like your Tessa (at least to me) amazes me. Needless to say I cried some and laughed some. I warn anyone who wishes to read this it is a mature book and needs maturity in order to read it.THANK YOU JENNY DOWNHAM FOR HELPING ME WALK IN SOMEONE ELSES SHOES!



Sincerely, Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment