Thursday, September 8, 2011

Book Review: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Title: City of Ashes
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: Mortal Instruments (book 2)

"A murderer is loose in New York City and the victims are Downworlder children. Clary Fray and her fellow Shadowhunters have a strong suspicion that Valentine, Clary's father, may be behind the killings. But if he is the murderer, then what's his true motive? To make matters worse, the second Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, has been stolen, and the mysterious Inquisitor has arrived to investigate, with his eyes vigilantly targeted on Clary's brother, Jace. Clary will need to face some terrifying demons and even more terrifying family decisions. No one said that the life of a Shadowhunter would be easy."

I rate this book as a 4.5/5 just like I did with the first book. Although in this book only the last Part convinced me it deserved a 9/10 not 8/10. This book was very hard to follow for me but mostly because I stayed up late trying to finish it. It is an addicting series that will hold you hostage from the real world. I also accidently read a spoiler online while looking for a photo of this books, so some of the shooking turns didn't really shock me because I was waiting for them to happen. (I swear it was an accident with no warning) THANK YOU CASSANDRA CLARE FOR MAKING YOUR VILLIAN ONE OF A KIND.
Sincerely, Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment