Thursday, September 8, 2011

Spoiler: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

I'll be honest after I read a few chapters I was convinced I would hate these books. After reading that Valentine and Jocelyne were married I was made because I had guessed that from the third chapter that Clary's dad was going to be the bad guy but that was just me expecting the unexpected and thinking over the possibilities. After Part one things started to look up. I started to enjoy the book more and more. I did enjoy "meeting" Magnus Bane. I found him annoying in a humurous sort of way. Hodge created a twist I didn't expect. How could he betray those children? I know he was troubled with the curse but I mean come on enough is enough. Even though he's evil I can't help but still like Hodge. He was interesting. Now Jace and Clary being brother and sister... Awkward! I'm not sure if my head is wrapped around that quite yet. I so wanted them to be a couple.. drat! (I said drat? I must be mad) Honestly I feel sorry for Simon. How could you compete with Jace in the first place but then to find out your BFF is falling in love with her sibling (even if they didn't know) that's gotta hurt in the end. Simon is lovable in his "mundance" ways. Love the Dungeon and Dragons references, completely ridiculous. Luke being a werewolf was possibly the most unexpected twist (for me). I was so worried he was going to die it was like I thought my own flesh and blood was in pain. For a few seconds I thought maybe he was Valentine.. but no. Can't wait to read some more action in book two which I'm starting ASAP.
Sincerely, Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment