Thursday, September 8, 2011

Spoiler: Isle of Fire by Wayne Thomas Batson

If you have read the first book hopefully you also enjoyed this one. As I said in the review (just above) This book, in my opinion, out did the first which great considering some books, the first is huge and the next ones lead to dissapointment. I enjoy the stand point from which these books are written. Being able to know all the characters thoughts and actions makes it just more enjoyable. My younger sister got mad when I started yelling at Captian Ross about what Bartholemew Thorne was up to. "He can't hear" she said. "He's even real." But my imagination denied all that. Is that crazy??? I would say that other than violence this book is fairly appropriate. There's no sex, or drugs, unless you count alcohol (What did you expect.. they're pirates!?) I couldn't believe when Thorne died... I thought certainly he would escape but the idea of Black Beard being in the next sequel only leads me to wonder, what will Declan Ross and crew this time? Will Cat and Anne really get married? Will Red Eye still clean his teeth with a dagger? Will the monks finally convince everyone there is a god? All these questions and many more are sure to keep me awake tonight, but I won't mind because Wayne Thomas Batson has made a great imaginary land for my mind to wander to. THANK YOU!
Sincerely, Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment