Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Spoiler: The Bodies We Wear by Jeyn Roberts

I found that this wasn't the read that I hoped it would be. The idea of a different kind of drug and it's effect on man kind was an interesting idea, but I found the execution to be boring and slow. This is simply my opinion, and I encourage anyone to find out what they think about this book for themselves. I found that this book was slow to start and I was interested more in how humans had evolved with the use of Heam and the idea of a change in religion. Although this is touched on it isn't really followed through. This and the use of different thoughts such as reincarnation and angels was an interesting take, but not one I completely understood in the course of the story. I found that I though quite often "WHAT IS GOING ON?" and not in a good way. I think this book was trying to be to many things at once and I just couldn't keep up with what it was trying to be. 

Characters:
Faye: This character drove me crazy. I couldn't take her seriously and though she was bad ass to begin with she later on just became a poor me cause. Especially when she decided to shut out everyone else. I found that this was hard to relate too and became more annoying as those around her tried to help. It was so silly.

Chael: I thought that his character was useful in some ways but mostly just a convenient romance. I found that he was not well explained and less of a mystery and more of an annoyance. I wish that I could find a different way to describe this character but really he wasn't of much interest to me.

Gazer: I think that he was the most interesting character for me. His past as a cop could have been an interesting character.

Rufus: I didn't hate him. He was just a dealer. I get it. Crime is crime no matter the drug.

Beth: She was a sad character and one of great importance to understand the overuse of Heam. 


Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "I've still got too much living left to do."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny


No comments:

Post a Comment