Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Review: The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi



Title: The Stonekeeper
Author: Kazu Kibuishi
Series/Standalone: Amulet Series (Book #1)
Genre: Graphic Novel, Fantasy, Adventure
Pages: 192

Publisher: GRAPHIX
Year Published: 2008

"There's something strange behind the basement door...
After a family tragedy, Emily, Navin and their mother move to an ancestral home to start a new life. On the family very first night in the mysterious house, Eme and Navin's mom is kidnapped by a tentacled creature. Now it's up to Em and Navin to figure out how to set things right and save their mother's life."

My Rating: 4/5

So I'll be the first to say that I don't often read graphic novels and I really didn't expect to like it. That being said I am participating in the Epic Reads decathlon of reading 10 books in 10 days. Originally I planned to go for gold and read 10 novels, but with a busy schedule that's not happening. My new goal is to read 5 graphic novels and 5 novels which would set me at silver. This story was interesting and a fast read. I found it to be a real cleansor as I'm having trouble getting into the book I'm reading right now. This story was action packed and filled with beautiful illustrations. That being said, I'm still worried that it might be too young for me. I plan to continue reading this tonight and then doing an overall spoiler on the whole series after completing it. Although this may take some time because it is not at my local library. 
Looking forward to continuing.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny 

No comments:

Post a Comment