Sunday, August 21, 2016

Spoiler: Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass

This book was as mentioned above, a companion novel on the Selection series. This story was a good wrap up for me for the series as I really loved the first three books and disliked alot about the last two books. I found it interesting to see the changes in the country of Illea from different perspectives and especially since it followed up on all the girls in the selection.
Way to go Kiera Cass. 

Characters:
Amberly: I found that this was really helpful to find out more about how such a kind and sweet woman ended up with such an apparent horrible man. I think that it helped to also understand Clarkson. How would we know about how he'd experienced abuse as a child if not reading this. That being said, it's never ok. I was surprised that Amberly put up with so much though. It's hard to do so many things for someone and not be put out by it. 

Maxon: I think that seeing how he felt about America helped me to understand his need to be with her in the second book. I found that they instantly connected but I didn't know what he was thinking.

America: I loved her pregnancy announcement. It was beautiful.

Aspen: I found it sad to watch him losing America, but I still don't care for him. I liked who he was in the fourth and fifth books more so.

Marlee: I think that learning more about her relationship. I was surprised at how quickly her and Carter fell in love it was really amazing. 

Celeste: It both made me smile and broke my heart to read her section of the story.

Lucy: I was happy that she ended up with someone who loved her and was very interested to see her reaction to learn about Aspen and America but all in all her reaction made sense. 

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment