Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Review: The Stonekeeper's Curse by Kazu Kibuishi


6277410

Title: The Stonekeeper's Curse
Author: Kazu Kibuishi
Series/Standalone:
Genre: Graphic Novel, Fantasy, Adventure, Middle Grade
Pages: 224
Publisher: GRAPHIX
Year Published: 2009

"In this thrilling sequel to AMULET  #1: THE STONEKEEPER, Emily and her brother Navin head for Kanlis, a beautiful and mysterious city of waterfalls, where they hope to find the antidote for the poison that felled their mother. That cure lies in the eggs of a gaint serpent atop Demon's Head Mountain, but the kids' archenemy, Trellis, is headed for the peak, too. A battle taht will engulf all of Kanalis is looming. It's up to Em to triumph over evil while controlling the amulet's power... without losing herself."

My Rating: 5/5

I'm burning through these graphic novels and loving them. This one was a lot more action packed and filled with a ton of adventure. I hope to learn more about the land as well as the supporting characters throughout the series and am thrilled that I picked up the first 5 on my library visit today. They are a marvelous quick read and beautifully illustrated. The story reminds me of fantasy but as well as steam punk ideas (such as robotics and moving houses). I look forward to continuing this series as soon as possible (so tomorrow) and hopefully finishing all the books that are available in my library. Also looked into buying a boxset.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny 


No comments:

Post a Comment