Sunday, August 14, 2016

Spoiler: Harry Potter and The Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany & Jack Thorne

So this is the eighth story in the Harry Potter stories collection including almost everyone's favorite books about a boy wizard. This will spoil some of the story for those who haven't read the original 7 books in the series. Be warned.
So this story takes place 19 years after the Battle of Hogwarts and follows some of our favorite characters. Another different thing about this book is that it's the script of the play that took place in London July 30th. I think that it made it an extremely quick read for me and reminded me about what I loved in the original 7 books. I think that the characters changing time was an interesting idea as it gives readers a chance to imagine the what ifs in the series. It also helps us to catch up with series that we know and love. I really found this book enjoyable and hope to be rereading the original 7 soon.

Characters:
Harry: So he's changed alot and has become a true Ministry man. I think I found him frustrating because he was very selfish about his path with Albus and that's not how I imagined Harry at all.  I was glad to see him in the positions he was in. 

Albus: It's hard being the sore thumb the person no one expects you to be. I can understand how that would be heart breaking to him. But Slytherin isn't a horrible house. Does it have a dark past? Of course but it has morals as well. Ambition, cunning, and resourcefulness to name a few. 

Rose: What a little witch. Ooops accidental pun. I just found her to be annoying. But she does take after Hermoine in her snotty ways.

Scorpius: He broke my heart a little bit. I mean to have such a horrible rumour circulating. No one no one wanted anything to do with him. Which is horrible but true. He really came into his own.

Draco: He's changed and put up with so many things in his life. Losing a wife and then having rumours circulate around your only child would be so heart breaking. I was proud of how he turned out though.

Hermione: She's really found her own. And she's a strong mother but not the best Minister in my opinion. Simply for hiding the time turner in a library. Boo. But I liked this version of her far more than any other we saw. 

Ron: Not impressed by his character in all honesty.

Snape: This broke my heart in a million pieces. I may have cried all over again.

Delphi: This was crazy and I kind of expected it but I do wonder more about her life as a child. I would read something about her childhood and where she ends up for sure. 

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment